Saturday 16 May 2009

Try Something New - Save Money!


At a time where the economic market is struggling, everyone is trying to save a few pounds here and there. However to keep our spirits up we still need to treat ourselves a little, but this can be done without breaking the bank!

Usually as a treat I would buy a bottle of Baileys sit back and enjoy. However having seen the price continuing to increase so that a 1 litre bottle is now usually around £18.00 (excluding any special offers) when in my local supermarket a couple of months back I decided to try something different...

Carolans is an Irish Cream Liquor and is very similar to Baileys - to be honest I actually prefer it. It was the price that attracted me to it and today it can be bought in Asda for just over £8.00 for a 1 litre bottle, which considering that Asda also sell a 35cl bottle of Baileys for £7.68*, it's worth a try! We've certainly not looked back!

I know cheaper products have a reputation of being of lesser qualtity, but I can assure you that this is not the case here. Whilst some 'cheaper' products I have tried are not as nice as the well-known brand, I have found quite a few that are just as good, if not better.

My advice to anyone trying to save a bit of money on their shopping is to try something new, break away from the norm, save some money... you might just like it!


Visit Carolans Website

* Prices taken from www.asda.co.uk on 16/05/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment